Some singers like to sneak in a cheeky reference to another one of their hits, and that’s what this playlist is all about! Some examples of this are:
- In Britney Spears’ Stronger, she says “my loneliness ain’t killing me no more” in reference to Baby One More Time.
- Usher sings “I got so caught up” in Yeah! as a reference to his song Caught Up.
- In you should see me in a crown, Billie Eilish sings that she “fell for these Ocean Eyes“.
- In Girlfriend (The Neptunes Remix), *NSYNC sings “So tell ya man (Bye bye) and tell him you’re long (Gone)”, name-checking two of their hits.
- In Numb, Eminem raps to Rihanna “I love the way you lie, girl” which was another song they collaborated on.
- Another duo, Ariana Grande and The Weeknd, reference Love Me Harder in their song off the table: “I can you love you harder than I did before.”
- Lady Gaga sings “I wanna just dance but he took me home instead” in Monster, referencing her first single Just Dance.
- In Bossy, Kelis says “That’s right I brought all the boys to the yard” as a reference to her hit song Milkshake.
This site is dedicated to fun playlist themes! Have we missed a song that should be included in this playlist? Comment below to let us know — we’ll add it!
Online community builder and avid writer with interests in technology, travel, Nintendo, and fitness.