Each of these songs uses the expression “sticks and stones” in some form in the lyrics. It’s amazing how often the words sticks and stones are used in pop music! Here are just some examples:
- “snakes and stones never broke my bones” – You Need to Calm Down by Taylor Swift
- “Throw your sticks and your stones, throw your bombs and your blows, but you’re not gonna break my soul” – Part of Me by Katy Perry
- “Sticks and stones may break my bones but chains and whips excite me” – S&M by Rihanna
- “Sticks and stones may build a throne but you’ll be up there all alone” – Step Off by Kacey Musgraves (my personal favorite)
- “Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones” – Titanium by Sia
- “Sticks and stones, they may break these bones but then I’ll be ready, are you ready?” – What About Us by Pink
Rihanna, Katy Perry, Sia, Nelly Furtado, and many more artists say sticks and stones in this themed playlist.
This site is dedicated to fun playlist themes! Have we missed a song that should be included in this playlist? Comment below to let us know — we’ll add it!
Online community builder and avid writer with interests in technology, travel, Nintendo, and fitness.